Family and guest retreat in rural Weston transforms the original equipment and maintenance barn along with the caretaker’s quarters.
• Initially, the client had thoughts of creating a family compound of several buildings on this rolling and wooded farm of 230 acre fronting the West River.
• As the site landscape has been improved, the original concept evolved into adapting the "barn" as a family guesthouse.
• New guesthouse addition includes a master bedroom suite with an extended viewing tower, two secondary bedroom suites, children’s bedrooms and sleeping loft.
• Also included are a new library/den, powder room, entry hall and additional garage space.
• Seamlessly and successfully expanding the existing building, the addition allows views of meadows, pond and river frontage, from almost every room.