• The clients desired a renovation which would reclaim the original servant’s wing of their 1929 classic Mediterranean home into a new open arrangement better suited for entertaining and family use.
• The design includes the reconfiguration of a new kitchen-breakfast area with major renovations of the butler’s pantry, powder room, home office and family room.
• In lieu of the former servants quarters, a new home office and family room with painted custom millwork are provided to house the clients’personal library, computer and entertainment equipment.
• The original guest coat closet / powder room was redesigned into a gracious new powder room with a custom vanity cabinet with a granite counter and floating glass shelf.
• Wall sconces in Murano glass flank the mirror to complement the original fixtures in the entry gallery.
• The warm color palette - on wood, walls, floors and fabrics were selected to harmonize the new design successfully with the original 1929 aesthetic.